2001 Honda Civic Transmission | Charlotte Transmission Repair
2001 Honda Civic Transmission Repair | Charlotte NC
The 2001 Honda Civic comes in line right before the 2002 Ford Explorer (often referred to as the ‘exploder’), topping the list for one of the top vehicles for transmission repair. CarComplaints.com has over 526 complaints alone on Transmission Failure, 56 complaints on transimssion slipping and 28 complaints that the 2001 Honda Civic transmission will not engage. Other common complaints for the 2001 Honda Civic Transmission is that the car shutters on initial movement, pops out of gear, jerks while accelerating and is leaking tranny fluid.
Honda Transmission’s have a long history with transmission failures and transmission problems. Specifically, transmission failure with the Honda Accord, Civic and Odyssey is a widespread problem in models made from 1999-2004. The 2003 Honda Accord, 2001 Honda Civic and 2002 Honda Odyssey appear to be the worst years for transmission failure.
How To Diagnose Your Honda Civic Transmission Problem:
● Check for fluid leaks. If your Civic is leaking a deep red fluid, this is transmission fluid. It may be a main seal leaking or it could be leaking from the transmission housing. The only way to know what seal has failed is to get underneath the vehicle and check for the source of the leak.
● Check to see if the transmission fluid is brown or has a burned smell. This indicates the fluid has burned. This can be caused by a number of different things. However, if your transmission fluid was low to begin with, this is commonplace.
● Check to see if the Honda Civic transmission downshifts when you press the accelerator to the floor while driving in 3rd or 4th gear. If it does not, this can indicate the throttle valve cable is out of adjustment and needs to be adjusted.
● Check to see if your 2001 Honda Civic will start in gears other than park or neutral. If so, then your neutral safety start switch is malfunctioning.
● Check to see if the transmission slips, shifts roughly or is noisy or has no drive in forward or reverse gears. This usually indicates that fluid levels are too low. However, it could indicate gear failure in the transmission. Checking and maintaining proper transmission fluid levels is the first step in solving this problem.
2001 Honda Civic Transmission Repair Professionals – Twin Charlotte carries the Longest Transmission Rebuild warranty in Charlotte NC.
If you are having transmission problems and are in need of a transmission repair on your 2001 Honda Civic, call Twin Charlotte at 704-821-3460.
If your transmission problem is so severe that your vehicle will not move, you may qualify for Free Towing with your transmission repair.