2003 Ford Taurus Transmission Repair | Charlotte NC
Just like the 2004 Ford Taurus Transmission Repair / Problems, the 2003 Ford Taurus is not only one of Fords top selling vehicles, but is also prone to immediate transmission repair and transmission problems.
Many of the problems associated with the 2003 Ford Taurus transmission is due to a failed torque converter. Transmission problems are known to occur even before 100,000 miles and also could hapen without warning. A very common complaint is that the vehicle will be driving, then the RPM meter may skyrocket, leaving the operator to pull over with sudden loss of all gears.
With “no warning” be an additional problem to this event, what can you do to prepare yourself in the event of a transmission problem with your 2003 Ford Taurus?
1) Be Prepared – Although this is a difficult situation to be in, we must stress that you do the research on your vehicle (You are probably doing this now since you found this article.) Be prepared to receive at LEAST 3 estimates for your ford transmission repair. Remember that you will “get what you paid for” and do not choose the lowest price because it seems the most convienent. Ask about warranty. (We carry Charlotte’s longest transmission repair warranty – 3 years / unlimited miles).
2) Maintenance – Always follow up with regular, routine maintenance. Check your owners manual to see when the suggested oil and fluid changes are for your 2003 Ford Taurus. Every vehicle differs, but stay on top of regular service. This will help your mechanic spot a problem before it can worsen.
Additional Signs Your 2003 Ford Taurus has a Transmission Problem:
– Transmission will not shift out of park
– Transmission gears are slipping
– Chirping noise or other noises from transmission, especially while shifting
– Transmission Fluid Leak
– Transmission Light or Check engine light is on
The Ford Taurus can be a very dependable car, but most car owners are not dependable drivers. Drive your vehicle with care and maintenance it regularly to help extend its life. The transmission in a vehicle is very important. Loss of gears can result in a very costly transmission repair.
Located in Charlotte NC or surrounding areas? Call us, Twin Automotive & Transmission Repair of Charlotte. We offer Free Towing with a Transmission Rebuild, expert and superior Transmission repair advice and estimates, and Charlotte’s Longest Transmission Rebuild Warranty – 3 Years / Unlimited Miles.
They don’t call us the “Transmission King of Charlotte” for nothing.
Contact us at 704-821-3460 or email us here for a $200 OFF your Transmission Repair and a Free Estimate.