Car AC Repair | Charlotte NC
Your car AC is basically like a fridge but with a werid layout. A Car AC is designed to move heat from one place to another, and to cool the inside of your car. As a car AC repair specialist in Charlotte NC, we are very familiar with your vehicle’s AC system.
A Car AC system is comprised of several parts:
- Compressor – compresses and circulates the refrigerant in the system
Evaporator – Transfers heat to the refrigerant from the air blown across it, cooling your car
- Refrigerant – (on modern cars, usually a substance called R-134a, older cars have r-12 freon which is becoming increasingly more expensive and hard to find, and also requires a license to handle) which carries the heat
- Condenser – This changes the phase of the refrigerant from gas to liquid. It also expels heat removed from the car
- Expansion Valve – this is similar to anozzle and functions to simultaneously drop the pressure of the refrigerant liquid, meter its flow, and atomize it
- Receiver and Dryer – This is like a filter for the refrigerant/oil, removing moisture and other contaminants
Its very easy to tell when your Car AC may need a repair. Typically you will hear strange noises while it is operating, the cold or hot air may not work at all, or there may even be a strange smell coming from the system.
It is very important that if your car AC needs a repair to have it looked at immediately before further damage is caused to the car AC. We are specialists for Car AC repair in Charlotte NC –Call us at 704-821-3460 for a free estimate on your car AC repair.