So you think you have a Transmission problem…
Car won’t move? Check Engine Light on? Trouble Shifting Gears?
These are all common symptoms of a transmission problem. That means you may need a transmission repair or possibily a complete transmission overhaul, called a “Transmission Rebuild”.
First..What are my Options?
Rebuilt Transmission Vs Used Transmission
There are many benefits to a Rebuilt Transmission vs Used Transmission:
1) A Rebuilt Transmission has all new internal parts (although it still remains in the old transmission case)
2) Soft parts such as gaskets, seals, filters, valves and clutch components are replaced in a rebuilt transmission if needed
3) Rebuilt transmissions are tested and carry a longer warranty than any used transmission
Unlike Rebuilt Transmissions, a Used Transmission is a transmission that has been in a car for a certain number of miles, but is currently not in a vehicle — commonly sold online or found in a junk yard. Used transmissions usually carry 30 day warrantys or no warranty at all. Used transmissions are typically sold “as is” and may have weak internal parts which may lead to another transmission problem down the road.
Rebuilt Transmission Prices
There are a certain amount of labor hours and parts that go into a Transmission Rebuild. The amount of labor hours vary based upon your type of vehicle. The parts the need to be rebuilt in the transmission may also vary depending on the shop that rebuilds your transmission. Twin Automotive & Transmission of Charlotte rebuilds all types of transmissions and is one of the only rebuilt transmission shops in Charlotte that will include everything needed for a complete transmission rebuild in their quotes (Some shops will charge additional for a new solenoid pack, torque converters, hard parts or more) For complete pricing on a rebuilt transmission, call Twin Automotive at 704-821-3460.
What to Ask or Look for in a Rebuilt Transmission Price
* Transmission Solenoid: Beware of auto repair shops that state you may only need a solenoid replaced. Many Rebuilt Transmission shops will price a solenoid replacement at a very low cost, just to get someone in their door. Although you may need your solenoid to be replaced, replacing only the solenoid will not usually fix your transmission problem and could still cost you the price of a transmission rebuild. Reputable rebuilt transmnission shops like Twin Automotive & Transmission will include the solenoid in their rebuilt transmission pricing.
* Customer Testimonials: Don’t be shy to ask for customer testimonials or look online for reviews of the rebuilt transmission shop.
* Rebuilt Transmission Warranty: Twin Automotive & Transmission offers Charlotte’s LONGEST Transmission Rebuild Warranty. Be weary of shops that only offer warranties 6 months to a 1. The industry standard for minor repairs are between 1 – 3 years. Rebuilt Transmissions are a major repair. The shop performing the transmission rebuild should be able to stand behind their work with a minimum 2 – 3 year warranty.
Other important things to know about Rebuilt Transmissions:
* Transmissions can take between 1 – 3 days to be rebuilt, although older models may need additional time if parts need to be special ordered.
* Simple transmission repairs like linkage adjustments could take only up to 45 minutes
* Inside 1 transmission contains hundreds of parts
* Transmission Fluid is the most important part of your transmission. Make sure your transmission is serviced regularly.
* The most common cause for transmission repair is fluid buildup damaging the transmission
Rebuilt Transmission Price – What to Expect
The best way to determine the exact cost for your transmission rebuild would be for to call Charlotte’s Transmission Specialist at 704-821-3460.
https://www.twincharlotte.com – Charlotte’s longest Rebuilt Transmission Warranty
* Transmission Problems & Symptoms
* 2003 Acura TL Transmission Problems Rebuild, Repair
* honda accord transmission slipping honda civic transmission problems